Thursday, September 4, 2008

Astros like Sweeps

In the last week, my Astros, who I've had an embattled relationship with this season, warmed my heart with back-to-back butt whoopins of our most hated division rivals. First, we took 3 straight from the Cardinals, then we went to Wrigley, home of the 1st place, best-record-in-the-NL Cubs, and swept them 3 straight. Damn it feels good. I don't know how they're doing it, but they've won 8 in a row now, and are only 1 game back of the Cardinals, and only 6 or so games back of the Wild Card in the NL. It's still a longshot to make the playoffs, but it feels good to see them playing so well at the end of the year after struggling through the middle of the season.

In other news, my favorite football player, Dimitar Berbatov, went to the dark side and signed w/ Manchester United. That's like Lance Berkman signing w/ the Yankees, or Chase Daniel transferring to KU - basically, a betrayal. I don't want to talk about it. Dimitar, you're dead to me now. I started liking Tottenham partly because I so liked watching you play, and now I'm committed - I'm not gonna abandon them now like you did. Freakin' traitor. Go Spurs!!

2 comments:

Clint said...

I was very pleased to see the astros sweep, beings that the town I'm in claims the team as their own I might have to start cheering for them. Not the saints though....I can't stand saints fan, astro fans are a lot different. By different I mean they are realist

Justin said...

I don't know if you know this Clint, but the Saints play football and the Astros play baseball. So, they have that difference too. But I also hope the Astros do well. I feel bad for Martin and the inept management of that team. From a Royals fan, I empathize.

Bookmark and Share