Friday, May 16, 2008

El Grande Puma. Esta Bien. Esta muy Bien.

So I leave work last night to go play some raquetball, and my Astros are down 7-3. They started off the game down 6-0. I think, no biggie, this good run has to end sometime. So I get home from working out, and rewind my DVR (it was still tuned to FSN Houston from the game on Wednesday night), just to see how bad the 'stros lost.

Unbelievable.

No freakin' way. Down 7-3, in the 8th, Lee hits a HR. BOOM! . Now still down 7-4 in the 8th inning, a dropped 3rd strike gives the Astros 2 guys on base. Darren Erstad pinch hits. BAM! - 3-run HR! That ball never got 2 feet higher than the wall it cleared. All tied up. Unbelievable.

Then, top of the 9th inning, game still tied, who's the first guy to come up to bat for the Astros? You guessed it, the Puma. First pitch - KABLAMMO!!! (yes, i've resorted to using sound effects from the old 60's Batman TV show - so?). Berkman's splash HR gives the Astros an 8-7 lead, completing the comeback from down 6-0. Valverde slams the door shut in the bottom of the 9th. Astros just keep rolling.

The Astros are doing good. Reeeeeallly Good. Berkman is doing awesome. It's the best. I love it!They've won 11 of 13 now, most of it on a long, long road trip. It's fantastic!



4 comments:

Justin said...

Where is your pop culture and video games posts? Also, what about Missouri State posts?

Justin said...

I haven't read crazy shit like this since I read CreedThoughts.com.

Justin said...

Don't neglect your blog!

Martin said...

Man, am I being trashed-talked on my own blog?

Bookmark and Share